KU Edwards Campus
The southernmost point of the education research triangle is the KU Edwards Campus in Overland Park. The JCERT partnership and passage of the sales tax funded the construction of a 75,000-square-foot, $25 million building on the KU Edwards Campus.
The Business, Engineering, Science and Technology (BEST) Building houses classrooms, a business conference center, faculty and staff offices. It will allow enrollment at the KU Edwards Campus to grow by 1,000 students. The BEST Building opened in March 2012. Within the last two years, the BEST Building has hosted more than 135,000 attendees in the building, whether that be for Edwards Campus events, External Group events and academic program classes and events.
JCERT also funds more than 10 new degree programs in BEST disciplines at the KU Edwards Campus:
- Bachelor of Business Administration
- Bachelor of Science in Information Technology
- Master of Science in Project Management
- Master of Engineering in Project Management
- Professional Science Masters in Environmental Assessment
- Bachelor of Science in Exercise Science
- Master of Science in Educational Technology
- Master of Accounting
- Bachelor of Applied Science in Biotechnology
- Graduate Certificate in Professional Workplace Communication
- Undergraduate Certificate in Accounting
- Master of Civil Engineering
The KU Edwards Campus is proud to have awarded 120 students with $355,000 worth of JCERT scholarships since 2010.
The KU Edwards Campus launched its “Degree in 3” program, a partnership with Johnson County Community College and the Blue Valley and Olathe School Districts in 2014. The Degree in 3 program allows students to earn college credits in high school, complete an associate’s degree one year after graduating, and finish their bachelor’s degree two years later. Available Degree in 3 programs include the Bachelor of Business Administration, Bachelor of Science in Information Technology, Bachelor of Applied Science in Biotechnology and the Bachelor of Science in Exercise Science.